Manually setup Internet emailNote: To complete these steps, you will need to know your email address, password, incoming mail server name, and outgoing mail server name that is provided by your Sectorlink inside your control panel.To configure the Internet email account manually, follow these steps in the Add New Account dialog box:
- Click the Manual setup or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
- Click POP or IMAP, and then click Next.
- Under User Information , configure the following settings:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name.
- In the Email Address box, type your full email address.
- Under Server Information, click the kind of email account that you have in the Account Type box. If you select POP3 or IMAP in the Account Type box, configure the following settings:
- In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of the server in lowercase letters. The name may be in the form of "mail.yourdomain.com" see your control panel for correct setting from list below.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of the outgoing email server in lowercase letters. The name may be in the form of "mail.yourdomain.com" see your control panel for correct setting from list below.
- Under Logon Information, configure the following settings:
- In the User Name box, type your full email address.
- In the Password box, type the password that your ISP provided.
- If you want Outlook to remember your email account password, click to select the Remember password check box.
- Make sure the check box for Require logon by using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is not checked.
- Click Test Account Settings. When you click Test Account Settings, the following process occurs:
- The connectivity of the system to the Internet is confirmed.
- You are logged on to the SMTP server.
- You are logged on to the POP3 server.
- If the POP3 server must be logged on to first, Outlook automatically sets the Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail option.
- A test message is sent. This message explains any changes that Outlook made to the initial setup.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Steps to configure a BlackBerry: Sign up with BlackBerry.net for an email address, i.e.,...
This normally means that you do not have your outbound authentication turned on in your email...
If your ISP blocks port 25 we have setup an alternative port for you to use. Depending on your...
Changing SMTP Port 25 to Port 2525 in Outlook XP/2003 1. Open the tools menu then choose email...
Open Microsoft Outlook. Once open, click on Tools and E-mail Accounts. Select View or change...