October 24th, 2019
You have finally made the right decision to move to Cloud web hosting, but you are not sure what to do. Here is an easy step by step guide to help you move your existing website from shared web hosting to Sectorlink's Cloud web hosting.
Once you have signed up a Cloud account and you have logged into Sectorlink's Cloud control panel, you can use the included migration tools to move your website over to Sectorlink's services.
- From your control panel, click on the "Importing" option on the left side panel to expand the menu
- Select "Import Website"
Fill out the FTP details using your login details from your current host.
- User: FTP username
- Password: FTP password
- Server: Server IP or hostname
- Port: In most cases, you do not need to change this setting
Click "Next" to select the website you want to transfer the content to
- Cloud FTP Account: Select the FTP user and domain from the drop-down
- Enter the password for the FTP user
Click "Next" to configure the source and destination details
- Select the folder that the web content is located in for the "Source."
- Select the "Destination" folder for where you want the files copied to (/www/html/ for Linux and /www/ for Windows)
Note: Only the folders display here and not individual files
Click "Next" then "Finish" to start the transfer
The transfer can take several hours for larger websites. You can check the status of the migration from your control panel
- Click on the "Importing" option on the left side panel to expand the menu
- Select "Status"
You can view more of Sectorlink's Knowledgebase for the Cloud here.