April 16th, 2019
This article is a first in a series of topics regarding WordPress plugins. Throughout this series, Sectorlink will discuss some of the best plugins offered for WordPress.
Article 1 – WordPress SEO
One of the most downloaded WordPress plugins of all times, and the original SEO plugin since 2008, Yoast’s WordPress SEO is a comprehensive solution for your website’s SEO needs. Moreover, Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders.
Here is a small sampling of the powers of Yoast SEO (By Team Yoast) (Note: some features are Premium. Which means you need Yoast SEO Premium to unlock those features. You can get Yoast SEO Premium here: link here to: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/
• The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
• Full control over site breadcrumbs: add a piece of code and you’re good to go.
• Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content. Never have to worry about Google penalties again.
• Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
• [Premium] Expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
• [Premium] Yoast SEO Premium users get 1 year free access to our awesome support team.
Writing content with Yoast SEO
• Content & SEO analysis: Invaluable tools to write SEO-friendly texts.
• The snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results – even on mobile. Yoast SEO Premium even has social media previews!
• [Premium] The Insights tool shows you what your text focuses on so you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
• [Premium] Synonyms & related keyphrases: Optimize your article for synonyms and related keyphrases.
• [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to.
Keep your site in shape
• Yoast SEO tunes the engine of your site so you can work on creating great content.
• Our cornerstone content and internal linking features help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
• Integrates with Google Search Console: See how your site performs in the search engines and fix crawl errors.
• Manage SEO roles: Give your colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
• Bulk editor: Make large-scale edits to your site.
• [Premium] Social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
• [Premium] Redirect manager: It keeps your site healthy by easily redirecting errors from Google Search Console, deleted pages and changed URLs.
Since 2008 Yoast’s WordPress SEO is the original SEO plugin for WordPress. Being the most used SEO, it has many features to boost your WordPress site. If you are looking for a SEO plugin for your WordPress, you cannot go wrong using WordPress SEO. Check it out today and enhance your WordPress site!