We have all used our social media accounts to stream videos, contact friends from around the world, and post pictures. But as a small business owner, did you know that social media can be an especially beneficial way to market your company online? Here are some of the best social media tips and tricks that will make all your digital marketing dreams come true.
- Connect all your social media accounts - The first rule you need to follow is to link all your accounts and make them easily accessible to your followers. This is because different social media platforms have different niches and different opportunities to gain new followers.
- Be interactive - Ask your followers what they like seeing you share on your pages. Think of social media as another way to simply interact with your customers and clients, so respond back to as many questions, comments, and concerns that you can! Customers love to know that they are being heard, and this is the best way to do so.
- Share pictures - A picture is worth a thousand words, but some social media users are afraid pictures can clutter their feeds. But don't worry, these pictures always do more harm than good! Make sure they are relevant to your products and/or services, showcase something fun you did in the business that day, or even highlight your employees. Keep your captions to two lines or less to keep things easy to read.
- Post industry news - No matter what industry you're in, sharing relevant news is a great way to attract potential customers. Since social media accounts are so popular and a dime a dozen online, you will want to offer a fresh perspective to really stand out and shine. Are you a plumber? Look for DIY nightmare stories to share. Are you a cosmetologist? Sharing pictures of up and coming trends is always a good idea. Simple ideas like this will go far.
- Get into videos - YouTube has quickly become the largest search engine, bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL combined. So don't let your digital marketing efforts go unnoticed on this video sharing site and post videos of your business in action!
Interested in learning more about how social media can impact your SEO and digital marketing efforts? Call our pros today, and we'll help you succeed in the growing world of search engines.