May 29th, 2020
While social media is an important marketing tool, utilizing social media for customer service will elevate your business to yet another level. Bear in mind, however, if not done correctly, it can damage your business, your brand, and drive potential customers away. So it is crucial that when you use social media for customer service (always keeping your reputation in mind) by allowing direct messaging between you and your customers, you must always stay on top of it. Remember that social media and customer service can:
- Boost your brand awareness
- Help market your products/services
- Boost your company’s reputation
Never Leave Things Unanswered
When customers contact you via social media, you must always respond quickly and never leave their inquires unanswered. A failed or inadequate response can lead to your current customers leaving. It can also show future potential customers that your customer service is lacking, thus driving them away as well.
- Always answer timely
- Pay attention to the issue and respond properly
- Show your customer that you care about their issue and that you are willing to correct any problems
- Be courteous, use proper language and spelling, ensure that your responses never come off as being hostile.
- Thank them for bringing your attention to the issue.
- Thank them for being a continuing valuable customer.
- If there are issues with a product or service that needs to be corrected for a future customer, bring the problem or solution to your supervisor to fix any future issues entirely.
- If there are issues caused by employees, bring the matter to their attention, and work together to resolve the problem so that it will not happen in the future.
After the issue, you should provide your customer with a link to a form to fill out that essentially allows your customer to tell you “how you did.” This will ensure quality control of your customer support representatives and will allow you to correct any issues if need.
As previously stated, utilizing social media for customer service will elevate your business to yet another level. Just remember to use the suggestions above to ensure quality service to your customers.
If you have any questions concerning this blog, feel free to contact us.