With 4.49 billion sites on the web today, driving potential customers to your product or service is no easy task. Social media marketing aims to attract more users to your brand through constant online interaction. When executed well, social media can offer a brilliant boost to sales, SEO, and brand recognition. Take a look at your social strategy and make sure that you are avoiding these common mistakes.
- Sharing Off-Brand Content: Your digital media should remain focused on your industry. While it may be tempting to share content that is trendy and interesting in an attempt to gain more followers, it will only be a distraction from your brand. Avoid this by scheduling your social posts ahead of time, leaving little room to deviate.
- Not Creating A Community: Successful brands create a community or call to action around their product or service. Try creating a custom hashtag and encourage your followers to use it when posting a certain type of content. Be sure that it isn't already being used.
- Overwhelming Your Followers: Posting too often can clog up your followers' feeds. This will lead to annoyed social media users rather than potential customers and clients. Strike a balance by spreading out your posts. Quality is often better than quantity.
- Skipping Multimedia: All of your social media pages should have a diverse selection of photos, videos, links, and text. This will keep your content fresh and allow you to share content over multiple platforms. It is worth hiring a professional to create this content, as you want it to be as high quality as possible.
- Not Being Shareable: When creating your content, make sure that it is visually pleasing and interesting enough to share. Getting featured on other websites, social media pages, and blogs is a great way to build links and boost your SEO. This also increases brand reach and recognition.
When forming your social media strategy, it is essential to hire an expert to guide this process. Put a small team of individuals in charge of handling all of your accounts and forming intricate knowledge of your brand. Also, be sure to update your social media profiles frequently to keep up with social media standards and tech.