July 29th, 2020
What is Chamilo And Why You Should Be Using It?
Chamilo LMS is a learning management system designed to support online education (e-learning). It is free software, developed through a collaboration of various companies, organizations, and individuals. While its model is based on open-source, it has stricter ethical values. In addition to having been developed collaboratively by dozens of people across the world, Chamilo is also supported by The Chamilo Association, which is a non-profit organization whose principal objective is to support the platform and ensure its continuity. Such guarantees of continuing open access make Chamilo LMS unique as an e-learning system.
Your trusted hosting provider should be able to provide Chamilo as a 1-click install application.
A teacher using Chamilo can access a series of useful tools allowing them to quickly and efficiently create a productive learning environment. On creating/editing a course, he (or she) can:
- import or create documents (audio, video, images) and publish them,
- build tests and exams with automated scores and feedback as required,
- build or import (SCORM and AICC) compliant courses,
- set and receive virtual assignments,
- describe the components of the course through description sections,
- communicate through forums or chat,
- publish announcements,
- add links,
- create workgroups or laboratory groups,
- set up a virtual classroom (through the video conference extension),
- manage scores through the assessments tool,
- create surveys,
- add a wiki to create documents collaboratively,
- use a glossary,
- use an agenda,
- manage a project (through the blog tool),
- enable tracking of learners in your courses,
- register attendances,
- elaborate a class diary (course progress).
The Chamilo platform is exceptionally flexible. All its tools can be customized according to the needs of each course. It provides a friendly and intuitive user interface that requires no specialized prior technical knowledge or skills.
If you are considering running an online education (e-learning) site, then Chamilo is the right choice to get your e-learning website up and running.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this blog, feel free to contact us.