November 6th, 2019
Client testimonials posted on your website support your business, your products, your services, and your level of expertise. So why should you be posting testimonials on your site? Here are a few reasons:
- Testimonials boost your reputation by having your customers express their trust in your company's ability to get the job done.
- Testimonials boost your credibility and level of expertise
- Your company no longer needs to depend just on "word of mouth" for free advertisement. By directing your customers to your online presence, they can also read first-hand comments from your client base.
- Testimonials aid in repeating customers
- Testimonials assist in adding new client base
- Testimonials help build business relationships
- Testimonials help by strengthening your branding
- Testimonials provide a written "sincere thanks" and show potential customers the trust they can place in your business by hiring you.
What Are Some Key Factors You Should Check?
Before you post anything, you need to check your facts. After a job well done, talk to your customer. Have them describe their experience via a final progress report to you on:
- Whether or not your employees were helpful
- The level of expertise that was provided by either yourself or your employees
- Have customers provide positive remarks
- Was the product/service high quality
- Have customers describe how the product or service solved their problem or aided in their home/work
- If applicable, have customers use figures to show how much the product/service positively impacted their business
- Have customers explain how the product/service overcame any obstacles
Lastly, and most importantly, ask your customers if they would provide a written testimonial that you could use. Once you receive all the above feedback and your progress report is positive, give them a final call to re-verify everything to ensure that all the facts are accurate. Also, during this conversation, ask if it is okay to post this information on your website. Once everything checks out, you will have a testimonial that will aid you in the future.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.