March 12th, 2020
Social Media marketers or bloggers try to keep organized by using editorial calendars. Simply put, this is an organizational tool to strategically plan all the content that will be created and shared in social media. If you stay ahead of that schedule, you will always be on top of things. Failing to do so can lead to last-minute fiascoes, late posting, or even worse, missing a scheduled post completely.
When it comes to posting on social media, you will learn that each social network has its own peek time(s) to post. With all these various times, it is nearly impossible to do it all the time. In fact, there are so many to post to, its easy to miss posting. So to stay on top of it all (and have less stress in your life), here are a few suggestions.
- Decide what social media platforms you are going to use to post.
- Decide what your calendar is going to track (where you are posting, times posting, creation schedules, etc.)
- Decide what is being used to track
- If multiple team members are posting, who is assigned to what social media platform?
- Decide if each member tracks their own calendar, or if all calendars are merged to track all team members.
- Things to include may be:
- publish dates
- promotion tactics
- Once you have considered or decided how detailed your schedule is going to be, you now need to research and determine what kind of schedule you are going to use. For example, are you going to use a paper calendar, a spreadsheet, or perhaps, some sort of software device? Are you going to use a single calendar platform or multiple platforms (in other words, maybe you want to use a paper calendar for hardcopy and google calendar for both computer and smartphone access)?
As you can see above, the more team members you add, the more hectic it can become. So you will need to ensure that each team member not only follows the above but also ensures that a comprehensive system is in place (or even a color-coded system) to prevent information from being crisscrossed and confusing each team member’s schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this blog, feel free to contact us.