January 3rd, 2020
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, infographics are images, such as a chart or a diagram that is used to represent information or data. In other words, it is a graphic visual representation of information or data that is used to attract the eye of readers to communicate the information quickly and easily. Moreover, infographics can be used for just about any kind of information for anything, whether oriented for business or even personal blogs.
We Understand Better With Pictures
Have you ever heard the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words?" When you are attempting to explain a complicated process, it is easier to use an infographic to absorb and understand the information. In fact, there is enough research to indicate that visual aids help us process information and retain information a lot better than just reading text.
Words are abstract and they are a little more difficult for our brain to retain in memory. Visual representation of the information or data, however, are concrete and, as such, they are more easily absorbed and remembered. Therefore, it can be stated that infographics provide a quick overview of a topic that takes complicated issues into a simple form to absorb and understand.
Why Use Infographics
The use and interest of infographics on websites has been growing since 2008. In fact, since 2010, the use of infographics has been so compelling and attractive on websites that such use has grown by several thousand percent. So here are a few reasons why you should be using them.
- Infographics can be used to display research findings
- Infographics can be used to display survey data
- Infographics can be used for reports or catalogs
- Infographics can be used to compare or contrast
- Infographics can be used regarding social issues or causes
- Infographics can be used for brand awareness
- Infographics can be used for marketing
- Infographics can be used for SEO
- Embedding your website link into the infographic can increase traffic to your website
- Infographics will show the user that you have done your research and that you display an expert understanding regarding the information provided
- Infographics will help visualize the importance of every topic it represents
- Infographics can help increase your subscribers/followers
- Infographics will help your subscribers/followers understand your content easier and quicker
All of the above has shown substantial reason as to why you should be using infographics on your website. So if you have not yet utilized infographics in your website, you should seriously consider using them to help your website.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this blog, feel free to contact us.