June 20th, 2019
WP-Optimize is a great tool for cleaning up your WordPress database and it also optimizes your WordPress. It automatically removes the unnecessary data from your database without manual queries. The plugin always keeps your database optimized for the best performance.
So why use WordPress Optimize? Let’s take a look.
Over time, lots of useless pieces of files accumulate in your WordPress database. Left unchecked, this data starts to grow and will eventually slow your site down. To correct this, you need to optimize your WordPress database. With WordPress Optimize installed, you have lots of work done automatically.
Here is a list of the major features of WordPress Optimize:
• Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
• Compact/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
• Compress (“smush”) images (existing images and automatically on new ones)
• Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
• Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
• Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
• Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
• Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
• Show database statistics and potential savings
• Mobile friendly and easy-to-use
• Translated into several languages
After editing a post or page, WordPress saves the new revision to the database. After several edits (and particularly if the post is long), your database becomes loaded with old revisions taking up valuable space. WordPress Optimize removes these post revisions, freeing up unnecessary data and increasing speed and efficiency. Also, it cleans up your comments table, removing spam and unapproved comments that have built up with a single click.
WordPress Optimize reports each table(s) in your database has wasted space, giving you control to keep your website neat, fast and efficient.
Once enabled, WordPress Optimize can run an automatic clean-up schedule, keeping a selected number of data, according to your specification.
Always keep a backup of your database prior to any optimizations. While none of the queries used are dangerous, it is always the best practice to ensure you have a backup prior to altering and cleaning your database.
WordPress Optimize is an effective tool for automatically cleaning your WordPress database so that it runs at maximum efficiency. If you have not taken a look at WordPress Optimize, you need to take the time today to look it over.